EINYPA: EINY Parents Association
Role and Mission:
EINY recognizes that the importance of active and engaged parents, working closely with school faculty and administrators, is essential to a great education and student life.
The mission of the independent EINY Parents Association (EINYPA) is to support our children’s educational experience and to promote communication between parents, faculty and administration, thereby strengthening the school community.
The EINYPA, through the efforts of its Parent Volunteers, seeks to enhance the educational experience of our children by:
- Establishing a parent association structure to support the school in organizing volunteers, helping with communication, organizing community events, sponsoring speaker series and establishing means to integrate new families.
- Publishing a periodic PA newsletter distributed by email to inform parents about the PA initiatives, news, tips, events, plans, etc.
- In concert with administration, contributing to the PA Section of the Family Handbook and special guides for new parents, especially expatriate parents.
- Exploring other networks/actions to improve parent communication and build parent community.
How to Get Involved:
All parents are members of the EINYPA and are encouraged to participate in its many activities, such as:
- Class Representatives: A team of two parent volunteers will represent each class in the school. With the help of the EINYPA Board, these parents will help organize activities, facilitate classroom communication and assist their teachers and fellow parents as needed. Two class representatives will be selected per “homeroom”.
- The EINYPA Board is composed of a president, and three vice-presidents – one representing each of the pre-elementary, elementary and middle school levels. A treasurer and a secretary will also be appointed. Class Representatives elect a new EINYPA Board every school year during the Second Semester.
- The EINYPA Board will engage on several fronts: a monthly meeting with the school directors in order to address areas of concerns; a bi-monthly newsletter updating parents regarding activities across all levels of the school (Pre-Elementary, Elementary & Middle School); EINYPA Board will ensure the successful execution of EINYPA activities and commitments.
- EINYPA Meetings are held monthly; all parents are welcome to attend. Meetings provide an opportunity for parents to learn about current school and EINYPA affairs and ways to help improve student life at EINY.
- Committees assigned to specific activities and/or mandates – ranging from Welcome Committee, Spirit Week Committee, Community Service Projects Committee, Teacher Appreciation Committee, Special Events Committe, etc. – will serve as task forces to develop projects and activities.